K 0330 started life as a black K1 saloon with green interior and was delivered to Duthie & Sons, Montrose, Angus, Scotland on the 6th of November 1933. The car was then sold to the first owner on the 11th of November the same year. The first recorded UK road registration was SR8731.
By 2000 the chassis was shortened from 10’ to 7’ and was the car bought by a collector.
Between 2002-2008 the car underwent a complete refurbishment.
The engine saw a new crank, rods, pistons and crankshaft, the head had new valves, springs, inlet manifold and new exhaust. The supercharger, water pump, generator and starter were completely rebuilt.
The Chassis cleaned and painted. The suspension had retempered springs, new bushes and shackles, refurbished dampers, extra rear shockers, rebuilt and respoked wheels and rebuild 13” drum brakes with hydraulics.
The new body was built out of lightweight aluminium, with new guards, rebuilt original lights and instruments, new loom, aero screens, re built original screens and wipers. The car has an original K3 (K3004) radiator and radiator cowl. The interior was reupholstered in red leather and the car painted Magenta.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
SHARE THIS CAR